From Sacred Heart
Christian Youth Formation
Confirmation Program Requirements
Dear Parents and Candidates:
Retreat Information: As part of the requirements for Confirmation, the candidates are required to attend a retreat / day of reflection. More information on the retreat and its date and time will be available in August. If you have any questions, please contact Mark Lyons(DRE) at 262-634-3607.
1) Attendance in the 9th and 10th grade. (Catholic High/CYF) If you have not fully completed the 9th and 10th grade programs, you will have additional research within your Quest. If you are a senior in High School or are eighteen through twenty years of age and would like to be confirmed, please contact Mark Lyons.
2) A completed portfolio of all assigned work. Pocket folders will be supplied.
3) The candidate must complete all assignments and class projects. All written work and extra documents must be kept in your portfolio. Including Bishop’s letter.
4) Complete all required community service hours – a total of twenty four (24) hours. Forms will be provided – keep in portfolio.
5) The candidate must attend a scheduled retreat or Day of Reflection, plus Acceptance Mass. See calendar for dates.
6) Attend archbishops/bishops gathering and programs, if any.
7) Choose date, attend and prepare for interviews (Pre & Exit)
8) Be present for Confirmation practice and the Confirmation celebration.
9) Attend assigned Confirmation sessions and assigned Youth Assemblies. You will be allowed only one (1) day absence from class. If there is an emergency, severe health problem or death in the family, you may contact the DRE. No other reasons will be accepted and NO exceptions. See calendar for Confirmation classes. ARRANGE WITH YOUR EMPLOYERS, ETC.